League standing points are calculated using two variables for each league event. First is the number of players in the field for the league event (N). The second is the depth percentage of participating players who will receive points towards league standings (D).

    The player who comes in first place will receive N points. So if twenty players show up to play league, then the best score earns twenty standings points.

    Points will be awarded to players who finish above the depth limit, D. These players will be awarded points along a decaying curve. The decaying curve starts at N points, and ends at 2 points. All players who finish below the depth limit will receive 1 participation point. If a player ends with a DNF, they do not receive any standings points. 

    For example, let’s say we have 10 players in the field (N = 10), and depth is set to 60% (D = 0.6). 60% of the players will receive points according to their finishing position, while the remaining 40% receives one participation point.

    You can feel free to experiment with the graph values here to get a better sense: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/oii91gukmt

    If players tie for a finishing position, the points for the all tied players are added up and divided by the number of players in the tie, and rounded down. For example, let's take the graph from above and assume player 2, 3, 4 are all tied. We would add up the scores for the positions they occupy (7 + 5 + 4 = 16) and divide by 3 (⌊16 / 3⌋ = 5). All three players would be awarded 5 points each.

    Points are awarded per division, where applicable. Points don’t carry or combine across divisions. For example, player A competes in the MPO division week 1 and receives 10 points. They compete in the MA1 division week 2 and receive 20 points. Player A would have 10 points in the MPO division, and 20 points in the MA1 division.

*Standings are applicable for singles events only.